Last week the Natuurmonumenten asked that people not crowd at reserves and parks
Natuurmonumenten is very satisfied that people stayed home, and didn’t come to the various forests and fields in Drenthe last weekend, following its call for people to keep their distance from eachother.
It was quiet in the nature reserves, including places that were expected to over the weekend, RTV Drenthe reports.
“The picture we get in Drenthe is that people have listened carefully,” says Fred Prak of Natuurmonumenten.
The weekend earlier, many Dutch people went out into nature, despite the advice of the government to stay at home because of the Coronavirus outbreak. That was not the case this weekend, and certainly not in Drenthe. “It was a quiet weekend,” Prak notes with satisfaction.
For the weekend, Natuurmonumenten called on the visitors not to come to busy nature reserves, and measures were also taken. “The watchtower in De Onlanden, near Groningen, for example, was closed off because you cannot keep it 1.5 meters apart when using it,” says Prak.
Natuurmonumenten also provided extra supervision, but according to the spokesperson, no intervention was necessary.
“The weather also helped, it was a lot less warm than last week,” he says. This made it even quieter on Sunday than on Saturday