The renowned travel guide Lonely Planet has listed the ten best bars and cafes in the the city of Groningen. Did you favourite make the cut?
“When it comes to a night out in the Netherlands, Groningen nightlife has no equal”, says Lonely Planet editor Sara van Geloven. “The northern city doesn’t do closing time, meaning revellers leaving clubs often cross paths with hawkers setting up their stalls on the market squares early in the morning.”
From traditional brown cafes to buzzing student bars, Lonely Planet made a list of ten of the best places in the city to party with the locals from dusk till dawn. Check out the article at Lonely Planet to learn more about what makes these ten Groningen establishments stand out.
- Blessed tastes at Brouwerij Martinus
- Booze with a side of technology at Mr. Mofongo
- DOT: a cinema with a view
- Calling all beer and whisky fans to De Toeter
- Drinks and conversation at Der Witz
- Drink o’clock at De Uurwerker
- Saturday night fever at Het Concerthuis
- Speakeasy style at The Stockroom
- A blast from the past at Simplon
- Dance the night away at Het Pakhuis