The Lets Gro festival is incredibly unique: Next week all citizens in Groningen can give their ideas about the future of their city. The Lets Gro festival is predicted to be inspiring and shall cover thought-provoking topics. A substantial part of the festival is in English. ”Internationals are very welcome to participate,” the organisation says.
From Wednesday 30 October up to and including Saturday 2 November, the seventh edition of the freely accessible Let’s Gro event will take place in Groningen. The festival runs for four days, during which, there is the opportunity for everyone to contribute their ideas about how the city and region can be improved, become more beautiful, greener and more livable.
The theme of Let’s Gro this year is “Together,” because together we make Groningen. Together we make a difference when it comes to quality of life in our own environment. In four days with more than 134 free activities with more than 40 (inter)national speakers, various topics will be discussed such as the climate, the future of the region, vulnerability, health, internationalization, livability, urban development and much more.
You can find more information about the programme on their website.
The theme of the festival is ‘together’. Come and contribute to conversations about living together and feeling a sense of belonging, even when the faces, languages and cities around us are always changing.
The organisation would like to invite everyone who is interested in internationalisation, diversity, and the changing shape of cities especially to join the following programme elements, which are partially organised by City Central:
WEDNESDAY, October 30, 2019
• 14:00 – 16:00 hrs | Multilocal 2.0 with Taiye Selasi (THIS EVENT IS ALREADY SOLD OUT)
• 20:30 – 21:30 hrs | Together with Taiye Selasi – evening lecture
THURSDAY, October 31, 2019• 20:00 – 22:00 hrs | Brexit Evening with Catherine Fieschi
FRIDAY, November 1, 2019
• 10:00 – 12:00 hrs | BETTER TOGETHER Symposium
• 13:00 – 14:00 OR 15:00 – 16:00 hrs | Workshop de MAKERIJ – inclusive
• 13:00 – 15:00 hrs | City Probe
• 15:30 – 17:00 hrs | Co-living workshop
• 17:00 – 18:00 hrs | Interview with the mayor (partly Dutch)
• 18:00 – 19:30 hrs | Dinner with a stranger with Lekker Vreemd
• 19:30 – 20:15 hrs | Bab Ad-daar: Het Lot – stories from refugees (partly Dutch)
• 20:30 – 22:00 hrs | Evening lecture with Saskia Sassen